Diarrhoea is a very common disease which happens in the human body when you are infected with any virus or bacterial disease, food allergies, gastric and acidity. There are many symptoms you will see while you are suffering from Diarrhoea and those include loose/watery stools, Abdominal Cramps, Abdominal Pain, Fever, Vomiting and Nausea etc. Most people will suffer from this disease once or twice in a year and will also be cured in a couple of days if you manage proper diet during these days. So, in this article, we will help you to understand what not to eat when you have diarrhoea and make yourself normal.
The main concern and reason for this disease is food, because of all non-healthy and improper food this disease occurs. Luckily there are many foods and its products available in the market which is very good to consume during diarrhoea. But foods containing oil, spices and fat which is consumed during hot and humid weather is very harmful to body health and may cause you diarrhoea. So, let us discuss what not to eat when you have diarrhoea and should be strictly avoided during this tenure. Those are mentioned below:
- Milk and Dairy Products – These products contain high rich in fat and sugar which generally causes gastrointestinal symptoms such as gas, bloating or vomiting in extreme conditions.
- Alcohol and Sodas – During Diarrhoea alcohol can react as dehydrating agent, and sodas contain high fructose corn syrup which is also very harmful to consume during Diarrhoea.
- Processed Foods – These foods contain high rich in fats and harmful storage chemicals which will make your stomach upset if you consume these during diarrhoea.
- Meat Products – Meat items like Chicken, Mutton or Pork contain high protein which will make your digestion system slow and make you feel uneasy. There might be chances of vomiting where all the undigested food will throw up. It’s better to avoid consuming meat items during Diarrhoea.
- Raw Vegetables – Digestion is a key factor to take care during diarrhoea. Eating raw vegetables during diarrhoea will slower your digestive system. This will lead to severe vomiting and abdominal pain. So, better to avoid raw veggies during diarrhoea.
- All citrus fruits – Fruits like a small pineapple, pawpaw, coconut milk, and other fruits containing citrus are also harmful to consume during diarrhoea.
- Artificial Sweeteners and Sorbitol – If you have diarrhoea it’s better to pass candy, chocolates, diet soft drinks and other sugar substitutes as consuming these will produce more water and electrolytes in your intestines which loosen bowel movements and lead you to severe Diarrhoea problems.
These were some common foods to understand what not to eat when you have diarrhoea. But there are also certain easy to digest foods like khichri, watery dal, idlis, curd, bananas etc which should be consumed during Diarrhoea and make yourself healthier. We hope you liked this article, if you have any queries related to this article then please fill in the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.